Liebe Grands Maîtres,
Twice postponed, but at long last the Grand Conseil du Vin de Bordeaux was able to hold its World Congress in the month of September 2022.
Traditionally the month of the harvests, this period sees the accomplishment of a year’s work carried out by men and women, the winegrowers of Bordeaux. After a hot, sunny summer, Bordeaux winegrowers were happy to share their feelings and hopes for this vintage 2022.
The Grand Conseil sincerely thanks the participants who came to Bordeaux at the end of the summer, having travelled from all parts of the world to attend the World Congress of the Commanderies 2022, from 14th to 16th September.
Nearly 230 congress participants in total:
· From the United States of America: Aspen, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Jackson Hole, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Naples, Nashville, New York, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Providence, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Washington
· From Canada: Calgary, Halifax, Montreal
· From Europe: Germany (Dusseldorf, Frankfurt), Austria (Salzburg, Vienna), Belgium (Brussels, Flanders, Wallonia), Denmark (Copenhagen), Spain (Madrid), France (Paris), Lithuania (Vilnius), Norway (Oslo), Switzerland (Geneva), Sweden (Malmö, Stockholm)
· From the United-Kingdom: Bristol, London, Manchester
· From Asia: China (Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Wuhan), Japan (Tokyo), Singapore, Vietnam (Hanoi, Saigon)
· From Oceania: Australia (Melbourne, Sydney)
· From the Middle East: Lebanon (Beirut)